Wednesday 4 March 2009

Somewhere in Chicago...

Yes, the dream came true and I managed to organise trip to the city I always wanted to see. The city of blues, famous pizza and The Bean monument:). Haven't eaten the famous pizza yet, need to plan it soon as I am leaving on Friday afternoon. So it is approximately 5am in Europe and my body is fully awake thinking what a great afternoon. I have warned the trainer that she should ask me questions just during the morning as I will be dead by lunchtime. But it is fun - the skyscrapers, wind in the streets, snow and all the people in the streets. Flying over the frozen lake was amazing as you see such a big area frozen is almost unbelievable.
I am here to attend a training to get certification on programme "Getting Things Done" and to train this course within Mars and help people to be more productive, organised, to have better time management and make sure that all things are done in timely manner without the unnecesary stress. As I am walking to the course in the morning and stopping at my favourite Starbucks :) (yes, I am in US and Starbucks is on every corner - so it is like a small paradise). I am getting a really nice white tea, warming my hands and in the classroom sipping it slowly I realise what is written on the cup holder as motto of the day: "Your Next Action Item: Do As Little As Possible." What a fantastic coincidence. :) So the mood in the classroom is hillarious!
Thanks Chantal & Pablo for posting a comment on the last entry and I wanted to write you in between 100times, just didn't get into it. But you are right! Of course I complain and every travel seems like a burden, but at the end - I love it and I will miss it one day when it won't be possible to travel like this. All the hotels, airports, different town and cities, different offices - it just gives me energy. So thanks for making me realising it! And Pedro and I are saying Hi to Montreal:)
I was couple of weeks ago in Czech Republic to get all the documents and I am officially Mrs Lenka Farinha in my home country - now I need to make the changes in France, so the carousel hasn't stopped yet, but soon. I was there during very special time when Liberec was organising The World Championship in Skiing and Ski jumping. So we were officially famous - just for 2 weeks, but famous. Lots of people came and every evening when the medals were given to the sportsmen in front of the town hall, the main square was packed. What an energy! Not sure if you saw some of it on TV, but we lived with it and enjoy our 5mins of fame. There was a website: http://www.liberec2009.com/?switch_lang=en which described the event, so if you are interested, go and share with me how this small town in the North of Czech was important:) You can see I am really proud to be one of its' inhabitants:)
In between the travels, we had as well great news for me and Pedro. Or more for Pedro - as he got promoted and is now very important manager in Mars:) So congratulation Pedro and enjoy Your fame!
Next trip - lovely UK and then hopefully warm Portugal to celebrate Pedro's niece birthday and relax, relax, relax....
Talk to you soon everybody!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, how about stopping by on the way home :).....

Unknown said...

Best wishes from New Zealand! Don't forget to try a Chicago Hot Dog- grilled, with "everything"!

Autumn is just barely starting here- a fine time of year for you folks to drop in!

Unknown said...

Have you been to Superdawg ?