Wednesday 21 February 2007

Somewhere in Adelaide...

To start correctly I would still have to say something about Singapore. It is really a great city and country! It was a lovely place to finish our trip of Asia ( though you can't compare it with Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok). As they say Singapore is a really fine city:) Everything is spotless, big skyscrapers, lots of cafes, bars, restaurants, very very cosmopolitan. It was as well great reminder on how the prices really look like! After 5 weeks in Asia we got used to different budgets... Singapore got us ready to face the prices in Australia:) We stayed just 2 nights in fantastic hotel in Chinese quarter, but at the end of the day we have realised that there is lots to explore and we wouldn't mind to stay longer.

The flight to Adelaide was too short! As we had Air Singapore flight it was a really good experience even in the economy class, and 6 hours didn't give us much time to enjoy all the movies:)

But... we are soo happy to be in Australia! Everybody is so friendly! We have a nice studio in Adelaide, so we went shopping and cooked a nice steak (our first home made dinner in 7 weeks:), of course we couldn't resist and we bought a nice bottle of red Jacob's Creek wine, which was delicious. It looks like that we are as well in a nice "student friendly area" as the bar we went afterwards was just crowded! We were the oldest - but one of the guys says that we don't look soo old, so we can stay:) (Was it a compliment?:)

Anyway... tomorrow we are hiring a campa van from "Wicked Campars", so you be sure that our car will be wicked:) We have decided to hire a car, as we are staying just 6 weeks... (it is really not long at all!). We will camp mostly and sleep in our new home - Mama Mia car:) and will travel from Adelaide along the east cost up to Cairns. Than we fly back to Sydney and from there to New Zealand.

Be ready for lots of stories and photos. We will try to get to the internet cafes as much as possible and let you know how are we doing in the country of Oz! Can't wait to meet Lisa, Brian and Irina in Sydney in a week time.

And for those who wants to stay in touch, here is our Australian phone number: +61 4321 79105

6 comments:

maria vieira said...

HI... you look gorgeous!!! I'm looking at Encarta and Wikipedia and I only can imagine a bit of your experience!... A big hug.
R+F

Joao said...

Oi Pedro! Que viagem! Sem pre sem parar, curtam muito!!!
Um grande abraço!
JoaoM

Unknown said...

I wish I was there with you!!!
Enjoy your time. Have fun

Brian Adamson said...

Hi Lenka and Pedro .. I've resisted commenting too much, but my excitement is now boiling over hearing you talk about Changi (SIN) airport. Tuesday night, I will fly from the grey European skies to Singapore, and then to Brisbane, also with Singapore Airlines. Can't wait to see you both, and spend some time with you around Sydney and maybe up the coast a bit. I'm going to spend a bit of time in Surfers Paradise .. no .. I'm not going to surf, only sun worship! It's so nearly Sydney mojito 'o clock ... If anybody in Strasbourg hears a cheer on Tuesday, it's just because the Air France crew have just announced 'armement des toboggans et vérification de la porte opposée!'.. and I'll be on my way! See you .. very, very soon!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, is it your new kitchen ?
;)

Mfg

Unknown said...

Radik said....

Did I hear the w0rd 'mojito'? eh? I did, YES I DID!!!)))))) Apasna!!! :-)

What can I say, both of you look (fantastic!, heh heh) terrific! Amasing smiles on your faces, and when I look at those pix I could hear the echo of your voice in my head (scary! LOL) saying:"...og my God, I can't believe we will be doing this..." and if I were to remind you that and ask you to quit and come back home, I bet I will get:"....Hell NO!")))))

Talk to you soon Pedro and Lenka!

P.S. Brian, do me a fav plz: have one....no, have a couple of frostly mugs filled to the top Mojito's for me, whilst you busy beach worshiping ;-))))